Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Next Chapter

Many of you have been praying for us on two fronts: Work and Adoption. We sent an email awhile back mentioning that after two years of training, patience and prayer we are no longer actively pursuing adoption. It's a good desire, but God has not seen fit to place more children in our care. On the work front we see some clear direction from the Lord.

I (Carl) started training as a voice actor in December 2009. I have finished my first audio novel with study questions on character for boys aged 7-14 (and those grown up enough to listen to children's stories). I have a possible client who is considering me to record one of his books. No income yet, but I am working on production & marketing and hope to have it available early November.

We still have a heart for Europe. So we are planning a 3 month trip in order to:

A. See Esther's parents who love the Lord deeply. We'll be staying on the family farm and see them daily to make up for the 2-3 year absences we have between visits.

B. Carl has invitations to preach in Switzerland, Russia and possibly Germany & Austria.

C. Meet with German speaking home educators to discern how we can best serve them and encourage the establishment of a Christian Home School Education movement.

Thanks for praying for us!

Yours in the Life and Love of Christ,

The Bobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment