Monday, October 20, 2008

Our story

In July of 2000 the Lord convinced my parents that we needed to adopt. I was thrilled. We had always wanted a large family and I really didn’t want to be an only child. Over the next two years we prayed and researched and came to the conclusion that we couldn’t afford to adopt unless the Lord performed a miracle and dropped a child in our lap. And that is exactly what He did. It is an incredible story, too long to post right now. September 17th 2002 was the day we met my little sister, Katrina. Her first picture:




Of course, I am still a little like an only child (I’m 12 years older than Katrina) and so is Katrina. That was one of the things that pushed us to again pursue adoption. I really don't want Katrina to grow up alone.


Psalm 127 says: “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them. He shall not be put to shame…”
“Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit the orphans in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
-James 1:27



In August we attended an orientation meeting by Project 1.27 (http://www.project127.com/) . Their vision, in their own words is, “No more waiting children in Colorado Foster Care.” They want to accomplish this by producing successful adoptions between families in churches and waiting children in foster care. In the fall of 2004 there were 875 children in Colorado waiting for forever families. As of July 2008 there are only 727! After praying a lot and listening to counsel, we decided to join Project 1.27.
Since then, Mommy and Daddy have gone through 36 hours of training, and have filled out a pile of paperwork. I have to take a CPR/First Aid class and then we are ready to decide which county to work with.
Please pray for us that we will have wisdom in making this decision and that our social worker would be friendly towards home-schooling. Please also pray that we would be patient with God’s timing.



In Christi Gloriam,

Annina

1 comment:

  1. Hey Annina! :)
    Daniela here.. Read your blog.
    I sincerely hope that you and your family will be able to adopt soon!! Their are so many children needing homes and the world needs more people to adopt. :)
    Hope we can meet again soon!
    God bless
    with love Daniela

    ReplyDelete